Are you a bride-to-be? This workout is for you!
First off, congrats on your big day!
I know you have a lot of planning (and spending) to do.
So i won’t hold you for long.
This workout is here to give you a quick and easy routine you can do.
Squeeze this in between dress fittings, cake tastings, and seating arrangement planning.
Your big day is your moment to shine.
So, take a deep breath, move your body and enjoy the ride!
If you’re looking for belly fat workouts as well, I have lots of those here for free!
Love Handles Workout for Brides: How this Workout Works
This workout burns fat stored in the love handles area by combining the best, and most effective standing exercises only. By removing the need to go on the floor, your body is forced to burn more calories and fat with much less effort.
In addition, the exercises in this workout were specially selected by a Certified Personal Trainer and designed to target and strengthen the deep core and oblique muscles to give your waist a tighter, more toned appearance.
When paired with a healthy, balanced approach to eating, this love handles workout is excellent for reducing fat and achieving a slimmer midsection.
Exercises in this Workout for Love Handles
Love Handles Workout for Brides Exercise 1: v crunches
Want to avoid doing v crunches incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. And be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do v crunches correctly.
- Focus on engaging and activating your lower abs, upper abs, and deep core muscles as you perform the movement.
- This can be achieved by consciously pulling your belly button towards your spine during the contraction.
- Avoid bending your knees in order to go down.
- Pay close attention to your balance during the exercise. Distribute your weight evenly between both feet to maintain stability.
- Don’t twist yourself completely in one direction, make sure that you turn halfway through each side.
- It’s important to rely on muscle control and avoid using momentum to perform the V crunches.
Love Handles Workout for Brides Exercise 2: Single tray taps
Want to avoid doing Single tray taps incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. And be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do Single tray taps correctly.
- try to keep your feet moving at all times throughout the single tray taps exercise
- make sure your arms aren’t drooping too low towards your waist
- raise your arms as high as possible elbows should be around chin level or higher
- with your arms, imagine you’re trying to clap with your elbows and you’ll be on the right track
- keep your core engaged to stabilize your body
Love Handles Workout for Brides Exercise 3: sumo reaches
Want to avoid doing sumo reaches incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. And be confident you’re not wasting any time. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do sumo reaches correctly.
- Maintain an upright posture with your chest lifted and your shoulders relaxed. Imagine a string pulling you up from the top of your head, keeping your spine aligned.
- As you perform the sumo reaches movement, focus on reaching diagonally across your body, alternating between sides, while keeping your hips and lower body stable.
- Focus on the dynamic side-to-side movement of your torso, imagining your oblique muscles activating and working with each reach.
- Play with the speed and intensity of your reaches, alternating between slower, controlled movements and quicker, more explosive reaches to challenge your core stability.
Love Handles Workout for Brides Exercise 4: Up and outs
Want to avoid doing Up and outs incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. And be confident you’re not wasting any time. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do Up and outs correctly.
- keep your back straight
- bring your heel as close to your booty as possible. if you’re flexible enough, your heel should actually slightly graze your butt bring your elbows as far down as possible (we’re going for a full range of motion here)
- keep your shoulders down and back
- use your abs to engage your core during the Up and Outs exercise
- keep your head up and eyes forward
- make sure you are using those leg muscles to move as quickly as your body will allow
Love Handles Workout for Brides Exercise 5: oblique twist
Want to avoid doing oblique twist incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do oblique twist correctly.
- Let your hands move freely as you do oblique twists
- As you twist your torso, focus on rotating from your waist rather than just moving your arms or shoulders.
- Exhale as you twist, imagining that you are wringing out a towel with your abdominal muscles.
- Keep your hips square and facing forward to prevent your knees from collapsing inward
- Maintain a steady and controlled pace throughout the exercise, avoiding any jerky or abrupt movements
3 Love Handles Tips for Brides
Skip These Types of Carbs
Refined carbohydrates include white bread, white pasta, hard candy, gas station food, grocery store donuts, and more.
These foods contribute to weight gain and storage of fat as love handles.
Instead, of these foods, it’s best to choose whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat bread.
These whole grain foods provide more fiber, nutrients, and support the body in losing love handles.
Try Mindful Eating
Practicing mindful eating can help reduce love handles.
Eating mindfully just means eating slowly and with intention.
This was (still is) a hard one for me personally but I try my best each meal.
In the beginning of my mindful eating journey, I actually had to set a timer to force myself to chew more. 😅
Some people recommend chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing.
It’s definitely a worthy goal to aspire to when eating more mindfully.
By eating mindfully, it is easier to pay attention to hunger and fullness cues. It also helps us to pay attention to the emotions driving us to eat particular foods.
This way, we make conscious choices about the food we eat. Instead of automatic, subconscious ones.
Do 30 Minutes of Structured Exercise
Do your best to get in at least 30 minutes of structured exercise everyday (except your rest days).
This can be anything from belly fat workouts to love handles workouts.
The main thing is to have a dedicated 30 minutes to structured exercise.
In addition to this, if you have time, incorporate other forms of movement into your day like walking, stretching, cycling or swimming.
Although any movement is better than no movement at all, 30 minutes of dedicated time for a structured workout is the gold standard for maintaining consistency.
And consistency is the King, Queen, Bishop, and Jury when it comes to losing love handles (or any kind of fat).
We have to stay consistent with our workouts to see results.
Love Handles Workout for Brides Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best foods to eat or avoid to reduce love handles?
Basically anything that doesn’t taste good. 😂
But really, eat the things your grandma would tell you to eat (but not eat herself) LOL
- lean proteins – like chicken breast – not thighs
- complex cabs – like brown rice – not white
- healthy fats – like avocado – not cheese burgers
- fruits – like apples, oranges, bananas
- vegetables – like spinach, carrots, bokchoy
- water – and lots of it
These are the types of foods that keep your body stable and balanced so that you are not inflamed.
They help you recover well from your daily stressors. And they help your body to avoid storing excess fat in your stomach and waist.
What are the most effective exercises for targeting and eliminating love handles?
When it comes to targeting and eliminating love handles, it is important to focus on a combination of exercises that not only target the specific area but also promote overall fat loss.
The exercises provided in this workout are the perfect example of such exercises.
Exercises that target the specific area are useful. They strengthen and tone the muscles – helping to tighten and tone the core and cinch in the waist. They also assist with burning fat which is a double win!
The exercises that promote overall fat-loss are also useful. They help bring down the overall level of body fat – which includes reducing the fat stored in the love handles.
By strategically combining both types of exercises, you will be well on your way to reducing love handles.
Just remember to also eat a healthy, balanced, responsible meals 👍 and stay consistent with the workouts ♥
Are love handles normal?
Love handles are totally normal and natural.
Each person stores fat differently – and for some people – that fat gets deposited in the waist.
This does not say anything about health – which is the most important thing.
People of all shapes and sizes have love handles.
How fast do love handles go away?
Give yourself a minimum of 4 weeks to start to see visible reduction in love handles.
The love handles will go away with a consistent regimen of healthy eating and daily exercise.
For some people, the appearance of love handles may start to reduce quicker than 4 weeks. For others, it may take longer.
The key is to eat healthy, workout, and patiently watch the changes happen. Personally, I don’t recommend hyper-focusing on love handles.
It is much better to focus on the following:
- – Are you eating responsibly? (not too much, not too little)
- – Consistently exercising for at least 30 minutes daily?
- – Does your daily life have room for you to get up and move at least once every 40 minutes?
- – Do you have a handle on your sugar intake?
- – Is your sleep hitting 7.5 hours or more daily?
These are factors within your control that all contribute to losing love handles quickly.
I strongly recommend focusing on those factors. And loving your body – whatever stage or state it is in.
It’s not easy, but you can do it and Koboko Fitness is here to help you do just that.
Are there any specific diet tips or nutritional recommendations that can help in getting rid of love handles?
Yes, there are specific diet tips and nutritional recommendations that can help in getting rid of love handles.
Love handles, also known as excess fat around the waistline, can be stubborn to get rid of, but with the right diet and nutrition, it is possible to reduce their appearance.
1. Correct Nutrition Goals
The first thing to look at is your nutrition goals.
Because the way to eat to lose love handles is totally different from the way to eat to grow a booty.
I see WAY too many women trying to lose love handles and GROW a booty at the same time.
Let’s not do that this year 😊
This year, let’s eat according to our goals.
The next tip follows from here.
2. Calorie Deficit Goal
To lose love handles, the correct nutrition goal is to create a calorie deficit.
A calorie deficit means consuming fewer calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight.
The amount of this deficit (200 calories? 300? 500?) is totally and completely up to you.
To achieve a calorie deficit, you can reduce portion sizes, choose unprocessed foods, and avoid drinking calories (soda, lemonade, etc.)
📝 Please don’t assume that a bigger calorie deficit is automatically better.
Some people make progress faster by following a more conservative deficit goal.
Experiment with different goals and follow the deficit that works for you!
I’m a moderate deficit girlie myself. I can’t do the whole huge calorie deficit thing. I like food too much for that 😂
3. Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is essential for overall health and keeping love handles away.
Water helps in digestion, keeps you feeling full, aids in the removal of waste from the body, and boosts post-exercise recovery.
Most adults should aim to drink at least 8 cups (64 ounces) of water per day.
You can even boost the effectiveness of your water intake by adding electrolytes.
Workout Options (Love Handles Workout for Brides)
There are two workout options for love handles workout for brides in this post.
Regardless of the option you choose, please be sure to do a thorough warm up and cool down.
Here’s a good multi-purpose warm up that most people can easily do.
- 20 sec jumping jacks
- 20 sec squats
- 20 sec lunges
For your cool down, I recommend doing your favorite gentle streches for at least 5 minutes.
Love Handles Workout for Brides Workout Video (Option 1):
Do you want to try a follow along love handles workout?
Simply press play on the video below.
It’s only 10 minutes long. You’ll be done before you know it!
Workout Video: Love Handles Workout | Home Workout for Women
Love Handles Workout for Brides (Option 2):
Do you want to try a self-paced love handles workout for brides workout?
I have you covered.
Follow the workout outline below.
Love Handles Workout for Brides: Workout Outline
⏩⏩ swipe right to see the next move
Disclaimer: This or any other exercise program may result in injury. Always consult your doctor / physician before beginning this or any other workout or exercise program. By performing any of the exercises in this program or on this site, you agree to the full disclaimer and assume ALL risks of injury from doing so. Koboko Fitness is NOT responsible or liable for any injury or loss you may sustain by participating in this workout or any exercise program. Read the full disclaimer here before you begin.
Workout Instructions (1/2)
Do each exercise for 30 seconds. Take a 10 second break between each exercise.
- v crunches
- Single tray taps
- sumo reaches
- Up and outs
- oblique twist
Workout Instructions (2/2)
Once you complete all the exercises above as explained, take a 1 minute break, then repeat the exercises as follows
- oblique twist
- Up and outs
- sumo reaches
- Single tray taps
- v crunches
Once you complete this second round, congratulations! Your love handles workout for brides workout is complete!
Want another workout? Try this love handles workout.
A few things to note:
- Whenever there are 2 exercises shown side by side, one is a lower impact modification. Always go with the lower impact version if you are a beginner or have not exercised in a long time.
- If I show an exercise that you do one leg (or arm) at a time, do the leg (or arm) shown for 15 seconds. Then do your other leg (or arm) for the remaining 15 seconds.
It’s easier for me to show you how to do it with just one arm or leg in this post. But if you’re doing my full-length follow along Premium workout videos, I always show both sides of every exercise.
Would You Like to Save Time?
Gentle Reminder: You might not get to your goal immediately. But you will get there eventually
Love Handles Workout for Brides – Printable
Do you know what is blocking your weightloss?
As a Personal Trainer for almost 10 years, I can tell you with 100% accuracy.
Take this instant quiz and find out