Looking to sculpt your love handles 🎨, but tired of the same old workout routines?
As an artist, it’s important to find exercises that not only tone your midsection but also inspire your creativity.
In today’s workout we’ll explore a love handles workout perfect for artists like you.
Incorporating dynamic movements that engage your core, this workout will not only help you trim stubborn love handles but also feed your artistic spirit.
Get ready to unleash your creativity and refine your physical vessel with this innovative love handles workout tailored for artists.
Love Handles Workout for Artists: How this Workout Works
This love handles workout works by burning calories in the quickest and easiest way possible.
This is achieved through a combination of exercises specially selected by a Certified Personal Trainer, intense focus on standing only exercises (you never need to get on the floor), and strengthening the deep core and oblique muscles that pull in, tighten and tone the waist.
When combined with a responsible approach to eating, this love handles workout is highly effective for burning fat to reveal a smoother, more toned waistline.
Exercises in this Workout for Love Handles
Love Handles Workout for Artists Exercise 1: figure 8 with modification
Want to avoid doing figure 8 with modification incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do figure 8 with modification correctly.
- Find a comfortable and open space to perform the exercise, ensuring you have enough room to move freely.
- Maintain a relaxed and fluid motion as you trace the figure-8 pattern with your arms. Avoid any jerky or abrupt movements.
- Focus on using your shoulder and arm muscles to guide the movement, keeping your elbows slightly bent.
- Also engage your core muscles nice and tight. You do this by sucking your belly button in toward your spine – while continuing to breathe.
- Visualize drawing a smooth and symmetrical figure-8 shape in the air, imagining the flow and elegance of your movements.
- Keep your wrists relaxed and avoid excessive tension in your hands and fingers
- You can hold on to a light dumbbell to intensify this exercise 👌
Love Handles Workout for Artists Exercise 2: quick high knees
Want to avoid doing quick high knees incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do quick high knees correctly.
- Keep your toes pointed forward
- Bend knees softly Try to bring your knees high enough to reach your waistline This means you’re aiming to have your thighs are parallel to the ground each time you raise your leg
- Basically, you’re making a 90 degree angle with your legs with each raise (or at least trying to)
- Keep back straight (do your best)
- Keep core engaged (suck in your stomach but continue to breathe)
- Keep your head and eyes forward (avoid looking at the ground)
Love Handles Workout for Artists Exercise 3: standing 3d crunch
Want to avoid doing standing 3d crunch incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. So you can be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do standing 3d crunch correctly.
- Use your elbows as a guidepost for each 3D crunch.
- Keep your elbow at around shoulder level (or lower) depending on your starting point of flexibility.
- Play with the depth of your crunch, gradually increasing the range of motion as you become more comfortable and stronger in the exercise.
- Move slow and steady to really feel the burn. You can also add a pulse at the end of each crunch to add an extra challenge and intensify the effect of the exercise.
Love Handles Workout for Artists Exercise 4: speed bag punches
Want to avoid doing speed bag punches incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. So you can be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do speed bag punches correctly.
- Stand in front of your imaginary speed bag with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, and weight evenly distributed. Keep your hands up and elbows close to your body
- Focus your eyes on the imaginary speed bag and maintain a steady rhythm as you punch
- Vary the speed and intensity of your punches, and try to hit the bag with different parts of your hand (e.g. knuckles, palm, or fist)
- Maintain a steady rhythm and tempo. Start slow and gradually increase your speed as you get more comfortable with the technique
- Focus on breathing deeply and staying loose, and let your punches flow naturally
Love Handles Workout for Artists Exercise 5: v crunches
Want to avoid doing v crunches incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. And be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do v crunches correctly.
- Focus on engaging and activating your lower abs, upper abs, and deep core muscles as you perform the movement.
- This can be achieved by consciously pulling your belly button towards your spine during the contraction.
- Avoid bending your knees in order to go down.
- Pay close attention to your balance during the exercise. Distribute your weight evenly between both feet to maintain stability.
- Don’t twist yourself completely in one direction, make sure that you turn halfway through each side.
- It’s important to rely on muscle control and avoid using momentum to perform the V crunches.
3 Love Handles Tips for Artists
Do 30 Minutes of Structured Exercise
Do your best to get in at least 30 minutes of structured exercise everyday (except your rest days).
This can be anything from belly fat workouts to love handles workouts.
The main thing is to have a dedicated 30 minutes to structured exercise.
In addition to this, if you have time, incorporate other forms of movement into your day like walking, stretching, cycling or swimming.
Although any movement is better than no movement at all, 30 minutes of dedicated time for a structured workout is the gold standard for maintaining consistency.
And consistency is the King, Queen, Bishop, and Jury when it comes to losing love handles (or any kind of fat).
We have to stay consistent with our workouts to see results.
Try Mindful Eating
Practicing mindful eating can help reduce love handles.
Eating mindfully just means eating slowly and with intention.
This was (still is) a hard one for me personally but I try my best each meal.
In the beginning of my mindful eating journey, I actually had to set a timer to force myself to chew more. 😅
Some people recommend chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing.
It’s definitely a worthy goal to aspire to when eating more mindfully.
By eating mindfully, it is easier to pay attention to hunger and fullness cues. It also helps us to pay attention to the emotions driving us to eat particular foods.
This way, we make conscious choices about the food we eat. Instead of automatic, subconscious ones.
Skip These Types of Carbs
Refined carbohydrates include white bread, white pasta, hard candy, gas station food, grocery store donuts, and more.
These foods contribute to weight gain and storage of fat as love handles.
Instead, of these foods, it’s best to choose whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat bread.
These whole grain foods provide more fiber, nutrients, and support the body in losing love handles.
Love Handles Workout for Artists Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take to lose love handles?
Give yourself a minimum of four weeks to start to see visible results.
The exact time it will take varies from person to person, but in my experience as a personal trainer, the average time you need to SEE changes is about four weeks.
🔔Keep in mind that changes are happening in your body before this 4 week mark – especially if you’re doing my workouts.
People that do my workouts FEEL a difference immediately from the very first workout.
So exercise patience, stay consistent and you will see your love handles start to reduce.
And since 4 weeks is just the average, some people start to see results faster than that. While others see results a bit later.
Some of the factors that influence how quickly you see results are your current body weight, body fat percentage, steps taken per day, genetics, hormones. macros, quantity of food consumed on a daily basis, sleep quality, and more.
Of all these factors, the top 3 things you can control are diet, exercise and stress.
Are there any specific diet tips or nutritional recommendations that can help in getting rid of love handles?
Yes, there are specific diet tips and nutritional recommendations that can help in getting rid of love handles.
Love handles, also known as excess fat around the waistline, can be stubborn to get rid of, but with the right diet and nutrition, it is possible to reduce their appearance.
1. Correct Nutrition Goals
The first thing to look at is your nutrition goals.
Because the way to eat to lose love handles is totally different from the way to eat to grow a booty.
I see WAY too many women trying to lose love handles and GROW a booty at the same time.
Let’s not do that this year 😊
This year, let’s eat according to our goals.
The next tip follows from here.
2. Calorie Deficit Goal
To lose love handles, the correct nutrition goal is to create a calorie deficit.
A calorie deficit means consuming fewer calories than your body needs to maintain its current weight.
The amount of this deficit (200 calories? 300? 500?) is totally and completely up to you.
To achieve a calorie deficit, you can reduce portion sizes, choose unprocessed foods, and avoid drinking calories (soda, lemonade, etc.)
📝 Please don’t assume that a bigger calorie deficit is automatically better.
Some people make progress faster by following a more conservative deficit goal.
Experiment with different goals and follow the deficit that works for you!
I’m a moderate deficit girlie myself. I can’t do the whole huge calorie deficit thing. I like food too much for that 😂
3. Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is essential for overall health and keeping love handles away.
Water helps in digestion, keeps you feeling full, aids in the removal of waste from the body, and boosts post-exercise recovery.
Most adults should aim to drink at least 8 cups (64 ounces) of water per day.
You can even boost the effectiveness of your water intake by adding electrolytes.
Is it possible to get rid of love handles without going to the gym?
Yes, it is possible to get rid of love handles without going to the gym. 🎉
This is fantastic news for those of us with extremely busy lifestyles.
As well as people that don’t enjoy the gym environment.
Or people that just prefer to exercise at home without the headache of a gym membership.
The key to getting rid of love handles without going to the gym is to simply stay consistent with doing at home exercises like the ones provided here and eating a healthy balanced diet.
Include fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains in your meals. Stay away from processed foods, sugary snacks, and drinks.
A little treat here and there is fine though – there should be no guilt associated with eating food!
When it is time to exercise, do the love handles workouts provided on this page. And stay consistent with doing them.
You can also boost your physical activity by taking walks outside. I LOVE a good leisurely stroll early in the morning. It is pure bliss!
A jog could also be nice or try cycling, swimming, or even gardening.
The extra physical activity combined with your consistent workouts and healthy eating will help reduce love handles over time.
What are the health risks of having love handles?
Some of the risks that love handles can pose to good health are the risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and more.
These diseases not only limit enjoyment of life, but they also pose a significant financial burden due to the cost of prescription, treatment and testing.
How fast do love handles go away?
Give yourself a minimum of 4 weeks to start to see visible reduction in love handles.
The love handles will go away with a consistent regimen of healthy eating and daily exercise.
For some people, the appearance of love handles may start to reduce quicker than 4 weeks. For others, it may take longer.
The key is to eat healthy, workout, and patiently watch the changes happen. Personally, I don’t recommend hyper-focusing on love handles.
It is much better to focus on the following:
- – Are you eating responsibly? (not too much, not too little)
- – Consistently exercising for at least 30 minutes daily?
- – Does your daily life have room for you to get up and move at least once every 40 minutes?
- – Do you have a handle on your sugar intake?
- – Is your sleep hitting 7.5 hours or more daily?
These are factors within your control that all contribute to losing love handles quickly.
I strongly recommend focusing on those factors. And loving your body – whatever stage or state it is in.
It’s not easy, but you can do it and Koboko Fitness is here to help you do just that.
Workout Options (Love Handles Workout for Artists)
There are two workout options for love handles workout for artists in this post.
Regardless of the option you choose, please be sure to do a thorough warm up and cool down.
Here’s a good multi-purpose warm up that most people can easily do.
- 20 sec jumping jacks
- 20 sec squats
- 20 sec lunges
For your cool down, I recommend doing your favorite gentle streches for at least 5 minutes.
Love Handles Workout for Artists Workout Video (Option 1):
Do you want to try a follow along love handles workout?
Simply press play on the video below.
It’s only 10 minutes long. You’ll be done before you know it!
Workout Video: Love Handles & Belly Fat Workout | Standing Only – Home Workout
Love Handles Workout for Artists (Option 2):
Do you want to try a self-paced love handles workout for artists workout?
I have you covered.
Follow the workout outline below.
Love Handles Workout for Artists: Workout Outline
⏩⏩ swipe right to see the next move
Disclaimer: This or any other exercise program may result in injury. Always consult your doctor / physician before beginning this or any other workout or exercise program. By performing any of the exercises in this program or on this site, you agree to the full disclaimer and assume ALL risks of injury from doing so. Koboko Fitness is NOT responsible or liable for any injury or loss you may sustain by participating in this workout or any exercise program. Read the full disclaimer here before you begin.
Workout Instructions (1/2)
Do each exercise for 30 seconds. Take a 10 second break between each exercise.
- figure 8 with modification
- quick high knees
- standing 3d crunch
- speed bag punches
- v crunches
Workout Instructions (2/2)
Once you complete all the exercises above as explained, take a 1 minute break, then repeat the exercises as follows
- v crunches
- speed bag punches
- standing 3d crunch
- quick high knees
- figure 8 with modification
Once you complete this second round, congratulations! Your love handles workout for artists workout is complete!
Want another workout? Try this love handles workout.
A few things to note:
- Whenever there are 2 exercises shown side by side, one is a lower impact modification. Always go with the lower impact version if you are a beginner or have not exercised in a long time.
- If I show an exercise that you do one leg (or arm) at a time, do the leg (or arm) shown for 15 seconds. Then do your other leg (or arm) for the remaining 15 seconds.
It’s easier for me to show you how to do it with just one arm or leg in this post. But if you’re doing my full-length follow along Premium workout videos, I always show both sides of every exercise.
Are You Ready to Level Up?
Gentle Reminder: You are more gorgeous than you think you are (100%)
Love Handles Workout for Artists – Printable
Do you know what is blocking your weightloss?
As a Personal Trainer for almost 10 years, I can tell you with 100% accuracy.
Take this instant quiz and find out