Nice job finding the love handles workout.
You’ve been struggling to get rid of those stubborn love handles.
You’ve tried countless workouts, but they either require awkward floor exercises or simply don’t target the right muscles.
It feels like no matter what you do, you’re stuck with love handles that make you feel less than your best.
What’s worse, these love handles are not just affecting your physical appearance but they’re also lowering our confidence.
You’ve started avoiding fitted clothes and dreading bikini season.
You’re wondering if you’ll ever feel comfortable and confident in your body again.
But there’s good news!
Koboko Fitness love handles workouts are specifically designed to target those tricky areas that most workouts miss.
All exercises are standing-only, so you never have to worry about uncomfortable floor exercises.
When combined with my belly fat workouts, it can help you sculpt a stronger, tighter midsection.
It’s time to get the ultimate strong and confident body you’ve always dreamed of and truly deserve.
See, those love handles don’t stand a chance.
Time to say hello to a confident you!
Love Handles Workout: Who this Workout is For
This love handles workout is specifically designed to help reduce excess fat around the waist.
While this workout is beneficial for women of all fitness levels, it is particularly helpful for those looking to tone and sculpt their midsection.
It is also a wonderful complement to belly fat workouts.
Love Handles Workout: How this Workout Works
This love handles workout works by burning calories in the quickest and easiest way possible.
This is achieved through a combination of exercises specially selected by a Certified Personal Trainer, intense focus on standing only exercises (you never need to get on the floor), and strengthening the deep core and oblique muscles that pull in, tighten and tone the waist.
When combined with a responsible approach to eating, this love handles workout is highly effective for burning fat to reveal a smoother, more toned waistline.
Exercises in this Workout for Love Handles
Love Handles Workout Exercise 1: ab axis
Want to avoid doing ab axis incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do ab axis correctly.
- Focus on maintaining a tall and upright posture throughout the exercise, avoiding any slumping or collapsing of your spine.
- Keep your palms open and grazing the back of your thighs as you lean.
- Keep your movements smooth and continuous, avoiding any pauses or jerks in the rotation.
- Focus on twisting from your waist, engaging your oblique muscles on each side.
- Keep your feel flat on the ground (avoid being on tiptoes when doing the ab axis exercise).
Love Handles Workout Exercise 2: knee catches with low impact modification
Want to avoid doing knee catches with low impact modification incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. So you can be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do knee catches with low impact modification correctly.
- Make sure you balance properly on your feet; avoiding standing flat-footed
- Keep your arms at around waist level
- Keep your feet shoulder-width apart when doing knee catches
- Maintain a straight back and keep your eyes facing forward Relax your neck and shoulders as much as possible there is no need to hold any tension in these areas as you move your legs As you lift each knee, be sure to shift your weight to balance your body properly
Love Handles Workout Exercise 3: cross body crunch
Want to avoid doing cross body crunch incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do cross body crunch correctly.
- Place your hands gently behind your head, but avoid pulling on your neck or using excessive force.
- As you perform the crunch, focus on bringing your elbow towards the opposite knee while twisting your torso. This diagonal movement engages your oblique muscles (the waist line where love handles sit). Working the obliques with cross body crunches will not make the obliques bigger. Instead, it will make them tighter, more cinched in, and stronger – which is what we want
- Exhale as you crunch and bring your elbow towards your knee, emphasizing the contraction of your abdominal muscles.
- Inhale as you return to the starting position, maintaining control and keeping your core engaged.
- Keep your neck relaxed and avoid straining it by maintaining a slight space between your chin and chest
Love Handles Workout Exercise 4: side hop punch
Want to avoid doing side hop punch incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. And be confident you’re not wasting any time. It’s free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do side hop punch correctly.
- Try to keep your feet around shoulder-width apart
- Keep your core engaged when doing a side hop punch
- Keep your back as straight as you can as you punch
- Keep your core nice and tight
- Fully extend each arm as you punch
- Keep your elbows tucked in and your fists at chin level while punching during the side hop punch
- Engage your glutes to power your jumps and punches
- Land softly and gently to minimize the impact of this exercise
- Breathe 🙂 avoid holding your breath as you punch
- Focus on your form and technique rather than speed or repetitions (slow and stead is okay)
Love Handles Workout Exercise 5: standing climbers
Want to avoid doing standing climbers incorrectly? Try this Premium workout video. So you can be confident you’re not wasting any time. Try it free for 14 days.
Quick tips to do standing climbers correctly.
- Begin by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms fully extended outwards.
- Keep your palms open and facing downward.
- Inhale as you lift your knee and reach your arm forward, emphasizing the engagement of your core muscles, and exhale as you lower your leg and return to the starting position.
- Keep a slight bend in the knee that remains on the floor as you do the standing climbers
3 Love Handles Workout Tips & Advice
Try Mindful Eating
Practicing mindful eating can help reduce love handles.
Eating mindfully just means eating slowly and with intention.
This was (still is) a hard one for me personally but I try my best each meal.
In the beginning of my mindful eating journey, I actually had to set a timer to force myself to chew more. 😅
Some people recommend chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing.
It’s definitely a worthy goal to aspire to when eating more mindfully.
By eating mindfully, it is easier to pay attention to hunger and fullness cues. It also helps us to pay attention to the emotions driving us to eat particular foods.
This way, we make conscious choices about the food we eat. Instead of automatic, subconscious ones.
Do 30 Minutes of Structured Exercise
Do your best to get in at least 30 minutes of structured exercise everyday (except your rest days).
This can be anything from belly fat workouts to love handles workouts.
The main thing is to have a dedicated 30 minutes to structured exercise.
In addition to this, if you have time, incorporate other forms of movement into your day like walking, stretching, cycling or swimming.
Although any movement is better than no movement at all, 30 minutes of dedicated time for a structured workout is the gold standard for maintaining consistency.
And consistency is the King, Queen, Bishop, and Jury when it comes to losing love handles (or any kind of fat).
We have to stay consistent with our workouts to see results.
Skip These Types of Carbs
Refined carbohydrates include white bread, white pasta, hard candy, gas station food, grocery store donuts, and more.
These foods contribute to weight gain and storage of fat as love handles.
Instead, of these foods, it’s best to choose whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat bread.
These whole grain foods provide more fiber, nutrients, and support the body in losing love handles.
Love Handles Workout Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the most effective exercises for targeting and eliminating love handles?
When it comes to targeting and eliminating love handles, it is important to focus on a combination of exercises that not only target the specific area but also promote overall fat loss.
The exercises provided in this workout are the perfect example of such exercises.
Exercises that target the specific area are useful. They strengthen and tone the muscles – helping to tighten and tone the core and cinch in the waist. They also assist with burning fat which is a double win!
The exercises that promote overall fat-loss are also useful. They help bring down the overall level of body fat – which includes reducing the fat stored in the love handles.
By strategically combining both types of exercises, you will be well on your way to reducing love handles.
Just remember to also eat a healthy, balanced, responsible meals 👍 and stay consistent with the workouts ♥
How do you get rid of love handles?
Love handles, also known as excess fat around the waistline, can be stubborn and difficult to get rid of.
But it can be done.
Here’s how to get rid of love handles.
To get rid of love handles, you want to make sure you have a regular and consistent workout routine.
Ideally, your workout routine should include love handles workouts like the ones provided on this page.
This will stimulate your body to burn the excess fat stored around the waist.
2. Caloric deficit
To lose love handles, you need to create a caloric deficit. This means consuming fewer calories than your body requires.
This forces the body to use some of the fat currently stored as love handles for energy.
After hearing this, some women try to create a huge calorie deficit in hopes of getting faster results.
Usually, this approach backfires because it can throw some hormones off and create fat storage (instead of loss).
My preference as a Certified Personal Trainer is to stick with a small to moderate caloric deficit.
This tends to be a more sustainable and highly effective approach to reducing love handles.
3. Healthy eating:
This goes along with the previous point. It is much easier to create a caloric deficit while eating lightly processed (or unprocessed) foods.
I personally enjoy a few raw brazil nuts every morning 😃
I’m not even going to play you. They don’t taste anything like oreos but they feel good in my belly when I eat them.
They are also so satiating that I don’t crave more after eating just 3. I can’t say the same for oreos. haha
So – focus on unprocessed foods. They are less likely to trigger cravings and overeating the way highly engineered foods can.
4. Aim for 4 weeks
Here’s a secret I don’t want to share.
Love handles take at least 4 weeks to appear and become visible to the point that they bother us.
Given this fact, you should also give yourself at least 4 weeks of consistent exercise and healthy eating to start to notice visible changes.
This doesn’t mean the love handles will disappear in 4 weeks. It just means, don’t quit before 4 weeks is up.
It’s okay to “mess up” along the way. For example, missing one workout. Or eating oreos for breakfast one stressful day.
Those things are just a part of life. The key is to keep going and make yourself proud by being consistent 4 weeks – minimum.
Is it possible to get rid of love handles by exercising only?
Yes, it is possible to reduce love handles through exercise alone.
But if you know your diet is not where it should be, why not clean that up too? 😃
Combining exercise with a healthy balanced diet is a great way to get optimal, long-lasting results.
And it doesn’t have to mean going to the gym.
At home bodyweight exercises like the ones provided here are excellent for getting rid of love handles easily and permanently.
Just be prepared to be consistent.
Love handles don’t go away after just one session of exercise.
It takes several weeks of consistent dedication but you can do it!
What body type gets love handles?
There are two body types that are most likely to develop love handles.
They are the body types known as the “apple” and “pear” shapes.
These are the two body types that are highly pre-disposed to storing fat in the waist, hips, and thighs.
That being said, body type is a TINY factor when it comes to love handles. Factors with much more impact and significance are diet, exercise, genetics, hormones, and sleep.
If any of these significant factors are overlooked, *any* body type can (and does) develop love handles.
- In addition to body type/shape, some people have a genetic predisposition to store fat in their belly area. Such people tend to also easily develop love handles.
- Elevated cortisol is a very common hormonal imbalance. This imbalance can cause increased fat storage around the waistline = love handles.
- Consuming a lot of simple processed sugars (like soda or sweetened lemonade) also help to boost fat storage in the love handle area.
My advice: don’t worry too much about body shape / type.
Your natural shape is exactly the right shape that was perfectly meant for you.
Are love handles just body fat?
Yes, love handles are indeed just body fat with a twist.
The primary difference between love handles and regular body fat is the specific location of love handles fat.
Love handles are pockets of excess fat that are deposited underneath the skin.
They are visible as roles on the sides of the waist in both men and women.
The twist is that love handles are also influenced by genetics, hormonal changes, and lifestyle choices.
A fun thing to know about love handles is that they actually serve a function.
Love handles help with insulation (so you don’t get cold as easily). They help protect internal organs and they also serve as energy storage.
The lifestyle factors that can encourage love handles are excess consumtion of simple sugars (things like cookies, donuts, and ice-cream), insufficient sleep, not enough exercise, or a combination of all of these.
Workout Options (Love Handles Workout)
There are two workout options for love handles workout in this post.
Regardless of the option you choose, please be sure to do a thorough warm up and cool down.
Here's a good multi-purpose warm up that most people can easily do.
- 20 sec jumping jacks
- 20 sec squats
- 20 sec lunges
For your cool down, I recommend doing your favorite gentle streches for at least 5 minutes.
Love Handles Workout Workout Video (Option 1):
Do you want to try a follow along belly fat workout?
Simply press play on the video below.
It’s only 10 minutes long. You’ll be done before you know it!
Workout Video: *Intense* 10 Min Fat Burn Workout 🔥 – Arm Fat, Thigh Fat, Back Fat, Belly Fat 👋
Love Handles Workout (Option 2):
Do you want to try a self-paced love handles workout workout?
I have you covered.
Follow the workout outline below.
Love Handles Workout: Workout Outline
⏩⏩ swipe right to see the next move
Disclaimer: This or any other exercise program may result in injury. Always consult your doctor / physician before beginning this or any other workout or exercise program. By performing any of the exercises in this program or on this site, you agree to the full disclaimer and assume ALL risks of injury from doing so. Koboko Fitness is NOT responsible or liable for any injury or loss you may sustain by participating in this workout or any exercise program. Read the full disclaimer here before you begin.
Workout Instructions (1/2)
Do each exercise for 30 seconds. Take a 10 second break between each exercise.
- ab axis
- knee catches with low impact modification
- cross body crunch
- side hop punch
- standing climbers
Workout Instructions (2/2)
Once you complete all the exercises above as explained, take a 1 minute break, then repeat the exercises as follows
- standing climbers
- side hop punch
- cross body crunch
- knee catches with low impact modification
- ab axis
Once you complete this second round, congratulations! Your love handles workout workout is complete!
Want another workout? Try this love handles workout.
A few things to note:
- Whenever there are 2 exercises shown side by side, one is a lower impact modification. Always go with the lower impact version if you are a beginner or have not exercised in a long time.
- If I show an exercise that you do one leg (or arm) at a time, do the leg (or arm) shown for 15 seconds. Then do your other leg (or arm) for the remaining 15 seconds.
It’s easier for me to show you how to do it with just one arm or leg in this post. But if you’re doing my full-length follow along Premium workout videos, I always show both sides of every exercise.
Ready to Get Results that Last?
Gentle Reminder: Do your best and leave the rest
Love Handles Workout – Printable
Do you know what is blocking your weightloss?
As a Personal Trainer for almost 10 years, I can tell you with 100% accuracy.
Take this instant quiz and find out