In my opinion, the only thing better than puff puff is healthy puff puff.
Who doesn’t love that springy, juicy, yummy ball of deliciousness?
[sociallocker]I can fitfam until the day I die but, please, I need my puff puff.
Going through life without puff puff is like going through life without having a backup wig.
It is reckless behavior. It must never be done.
Lol. Okay maybe I’m being a tad dramatic here but you get my drift.
Puff puff is an important part of life.
Since I’m trying to be healthier, however, I’ve been experimenting with how to make healthy puff puff.
Healthy puff puff vs regular puff puff
The criteria for the perfect healthy puff puff recipe are as follows:
- NO sugar
- NO white flour
- NO frying
Based on these criteria, I had to get a little bit crafty with this recipe.
Since I wasn’t adding sugar, I couldn’t use yeast but I still had to get that springy texture.
Also, I don’t know how to do that wrist maneuver that gets the puff puff perfectly round so I bought one of these magic machines.
I’m 100% sure that the manufacturers never imagined that it would be used for puff puff but hey it works!
Personal Thoughts on this Healthy Puff Puff Recipe
I absolutely LOVE how this recipe turned out.
- My puff puffs came out lovely and springy. The texture was unbelievable.
- It was very moist despite not frying (you’ll see why when you read the ingredients I used below).
- Also, they were the perfect size!
No need to bite. I could just pick and pop in my mouth. I loved it.
While I have nothing bad to say about this healthy puff puff recipe, there are a few things that I would like to improve.
- After a while, my perfectly round puff puffs seemed to collapse a bit. I didn’t like that. I want my puff puff to stay round forever!!!
- If you’re impatient like me, you might want to buy two of the magic machine so that you can have two batches going at the same time
Those were the only two things I didn’t quite love about this way of making puff puff.
If you’re up for the challenge, please take this recipe and improve it.
I will keep tweaking it until I am 100% satisfied but for now, here is what I’m working with and I hope you enjoy it if you try it.